You are here
Part of SU1 Sunday 1
About This Performance
One of the leading female conductors of our time, the dynamic Emmanuelle Haïm, leads a program of early music masterworks, including several concertos from Vivaldi's evergreen Four Seasons, and excerpts of Handel’s Julius Caesar, with sensational soprano Natalie Dessay.
Come for: The zing in spring when the amazing-to-watch Ms. Haïm leads Vivaldi.
And more: Coloratura soprano Natalie Dessay makes her LA Phil debut with arias from Handel’s Giulio Cesare; her Opéra National de Paris performance in that work (as Cleopatra) under Haïm was released on DVD in 2012.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
A special $20 price is available for select concerts in select sections throughout the season, including this concert. $20 Tickets can be purchased online, in person or via phone at 323.850.2000 (there is a per-ticket fee for all online and phone sales).
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "HURRICANE MAMA": Salonen, Saariaho & Sibelius: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Ravel & Elgar: Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Sunday, December 7, 2014 - 2:00pm
- MTT @ 70: Beethoven's Missa Solemnis: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Late Masterworks of Mozart & Bruckner: Sunday, February 1, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.