You are here
Part of TH1 Thursday 1
About This Performance
Dudamel and the Phil perform a program steeped in nostalgia even as it gazes into the future: City Noir and the "New World" Symphony – indelibly American in outlook and inspiration.
Come for: Two expressions of the American experience, including Dudamel’s fresh approach to the beloved “New World” Symphony.
And more: John Adams’ City Noir, with its jazz influences and distinctive L.A. feel, is the final panel in a triptych of orchestral works that “have as their theme the California experience, its landscape, and its culture,” Adams says. Dudamel and the LA Phil premiered the highly enjoyable work on Opening Night in 2009.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart & Beethoven: Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 8:00pm
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HURRICANE MAMA: Dudamel Conducts Saint-Saëns: Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Martha Argerich Plays Schumann: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Dudamel, Bronfman & Brahms: Thursday, May 7, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.