You are here
Part of SU2 Sunday 2
About This Performance
“Tragic” was the label Mahler once used for his Sixth Symphony, arguably his darkest. “Not one of his works came as directly from his inmost heart as this,” his wife, Alma, wrote. Powerful and monumental, this is orchestral music at its most gripping and dramatic.
Come for: To hear Dudamel conduct music by Mahler is inevitably a memorable occasion, as Dudamel has a special affinity for this composer.
And more: The LA Phil has a massive wood box with an equally massive sledgehammer to realize Mahler’s famous “hammer blows.”
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Visions of America: Amériques (with video): Sunday, November 9, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Sibelius & Gorecki: Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Martha Argerich Plays Schumann: Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Brahms' Fourth: Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.