You are here
Part of SU1 Sunday 1
About This Performance
Ravel's gorgeous evocation of Spain opens this concert, followed by Penderecki's unique three-cello concerto. Elgar's sweeping set of variations, with its clever personal allusions and unsolved riddle, brings the program to a satisfying close.
Come for: Elgar's much-loved masterpiece.
And more: Penderecki takes full advantage of the rich sound of three cellos in his concerto, running the gamut from multiple layers to stark and simple.
Please note that Cristian Măcelaru has replaced Charles Dutoit, who has withdrawn due to injury, as conductor for this program.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
A special $20 price is available for select concerts in select sections throughout the season, including this concert. $20 Tickets can be purchased online, in person or via phone at 323.850.2000 (there is a per-ticket fee for all online and phone sales).
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Sunday, December 7, 2014 - 2:00pm
- MTT @ 70: Beethoven's Missa Solemnis: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Late Masterworks of Mozart & Bruckner: Sunday, February 1, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Vivaldi & Handel: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Falla & Flamenco with Dudamel: Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.