You are here
Part of TH1 Thursday 1
Listen Program Notes
About This Performance
From its scale and grandeur, it’s not hard to believe that Brahms’ First Piano Concerto began life as a symphony. But then, Brahms viewed a concerto as a large-scale symphony integrated with an instrumental soloist, rather than as a showpiece focused on the soloist.
Come for: Enormous personality allied with enormous technique are requirements for doing battle with that most enormous of piano concertos, the Brahms First. Yefim Bronfman has it all.
And more: A rare chance to hear Gustavo Dudamel leading orchestral music by Bach that is more often played by period-instrument orchestras or chamber orchestras than by large modern orchestras like the LA Phil.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Dudamel & Mahler 5: Thursday, October 2, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Mozart & Beethoven: Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 8:00pm
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HURRICANE MAMA: Dudamel Conducts Saint-Saëns: Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Martha Argerich Plays Schumann: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.