You are here
Part of TH2 Thursday 2
About This Performance
Beethoven revolutionized what it meant to be a public performer/composer, creating the template of the artist as a culture's creative conscience. Dudamel and Andsnes bring their acclaimed Beethoven cycle to a climactic conclusion with the "Emperor" Concerto and the Choral Fantasy, with its early hints of the "Ode to Joy."
Come for: "…a sense of balance, of musicality, of understanding not only the notes themselves but the wider context – where these pieces stand within Beethoven’s output and a broader historical perspective, too." (Gramophone, reviewing the first CD of Andsnes' Beethoven Journey)
And more: Dudamel also includes John Adams' enthralling first piece for chorus and orchestra, Harmonium, based on striking poetry by John Donne and Emily Dickinson.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Visions of America: Amériques (with video): Thursday, November 6, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Thursday, December 4, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Emanuel Ax Plays Chopin: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Chinese New Year: From Tchaikovsky to Tan Dun: Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Dudamel & Mahler 6: Thursday, March 5, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.